Meet the Doctor
About the Doctor
Dr. Faram E. Irani (M.D., F.C.P.S., F.C.C.P., D.G.O., D.F.P.) is the Director of The Southern Cross Fertility & IVF Centre. He has done ground breaking work, and is responsible for the birth of India’s first GIFT (Gamete Intra-Fallopian Transfer) twins in 1990. Dr. Irani is also credited with the birth of India’s first ZIFT (Zygote Intra-Fallopian Transfer) triplets in 1992. Connect with us for IVF Treatment Mumbai.
Dr. Irani has trained in Infertility ( in-vitro fertilization ) at
- The Howard and Georgeanna Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine. Eastern Virginia Medical School, U.S.A.
- Monash University and Queen Victoria Medical Centre, Melbourne, Australia.
- Micromanipulation (I.C.S.I.) at the Bourn Hall IVF Centre, U.K. and in Tubal Microsurgery at The Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium With outstanding academic credentials, Dr. Faram Irani has been a topper in his chosen field of study, and has received many awards.
- Gold Medal for standing first in FCPS Examination in Bombay.
- Certificate of Merit from Bombay University for securing second rank in the M.D. Examination in Bombay.
- Award from the Centre of Applied Medicine in recognition of services.
- M. Shah prize for best paper presentation at the Annual Conference of the Bombay Obstetric & Gynaecology society.
- Indumati Jhaveri prize for best paper presentation at All India Obstetric & Gynaecology Conference.
- National Scholarship awarded by Ministry of Education of India.
- Certificate of Merit awarded by Rotary club.
Fellowship / Membership of Organisations / Societies
- Fellow of the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Founder Fellow of the Indian Academy of Juvenile and Adolescent Gynaecology and Obstetrics. .
- Life Member of the Bombay Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society.
- Life member of the Indian Association of Fertility and Sterility..
- Life member of the Indian Association of Gynaelogical Endoscopists.
- Life member of the Indian Medical Association.